Sydney Kitchens is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles set by the Federal Privacy Commissioner. For more information, visit www.privacy.gov.au
Collection and use of personal information
The Southern Cross Joinery Pty Ltd trading as Sydney Kitchens collects limited personal information such as title, name, contact details (address, phone and fax) and e-mail address. We only collect personal information when you knowingly provide it. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- order goods that require delivery;
- apply for finance;
- contact us or ask for further information;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Sydney Kitchens;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register your details on our web site;
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
- express interest in a particular Sydney Kitchens service; or
- submit a job application or résumé
Other information we may collect
For statistical purposes we collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including clickthroughs from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
The Southern Cross Joinery Pty Ltd trading as Sydney Kitchens uses tracking technologies such as cookies to recognise your browser each time it visits our site, and to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We use this information to optimize our site and create a better online experience for you.
Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
How we use your information
The Southern Cross Joinery Pty Ltd trading as Sydney Kitchens uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, The Southern Cross Joinery Pty Ltd trading as Sydney Kitchens uses personal information:
- To complete a transaction.
- To deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives.
- To keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to “opt-out” from this activity at any time.
- For planning, product development or research purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We will only send personal information about you to other organisations when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send your information to companies that are contracted to Sydney Kitchens e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
- We are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
Such information remains under Sydney Kitchens custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Access and correction
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you. Should you wish to access this information, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact our Privacy Officer if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. No fee applies to the correction or access of your personal information.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.sydneykitchens.com.au are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave Sydney Kitchens’s site. Sydney Kitchens is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
At Sydney Kitchens we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. In the case of direct marketing you are able to “opt out” at any time, for any reason. Opting out means that you would like to be removed from all of our mailing lists. You can do so, online or by contacting our Privacy Officer on the details below.
Sydney Kitchens is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
96 Penshurst St
Willoughby NSW 2148
Changes to this statement